Randolph Square IP is an intellectual property (“IP”) analytics and execution firm focused on providing our customers with unique analytics that can be used in strategic decision making. Our analysis presents clear opportunities to reduce risk and/or create value.
We are staffed by capital markets, investment banking and insurance professionals with backgrounds in asset-based lending, capital raising and providing strategic advice for new and emerging risks. As a result, we have extensive experience in using asset level analytics to find value added information.
Randolph Square IP applies advanced, proprietary analytics to the highest quality of intellectual property data. These reports assist companies of all sizes and lending and investment platforms in developing a variety of solutions to problems and opportunities with respect to IP assets. These reports assist startups, operating companies, and lending and investment platforms in developing a variety of solutions to problems and opportunities concerning their IP assets. Randolph Square’s unique assessments help entities understand more effectively how they can sell, license, defend, and leverage the intellectual property they hold. Our analytics help owners, competitors, developers and others see monetization and other opportunities where traditional approaches have so often been cost-prohibitive.
- Our systems collect the following information:
- All published patents, patent applications, and trademarks records globally – over 120+ million records
- Corporate financial information
- Legal and non-patent literature from 60 additional sources
- We use the following sources to collect patent data:
- All major patent offices including the USPTO, EPO, JPO, KIPO, SIPO and WIPO
- These organizations make up 99% of all relevant patents & applications filed
- We also collect data from all other jurisdictions to ensure global coverage
- This represents a total of 102 patent jurisdictions worldwide
- Our sources for corporate, legal and non-patent information include:
- Corporate data – Dun & Bradstreet, SEC, Jigsaw, Yahoo Finance and Google Finance
- Litigation Data – International Trade Commission (ITC), Patent Trial & Appeal Board (PTAB) and Public Access to Electronic Records (PACER)
- Non-Patent Literature – Publicpriorart.org
- Our data sources are updated weekly and date back to 1900
Randolph Square IP can create the following reports to assist businesses in analyzing opportunities and/or problems relating to intellectual property assets:
Portfolio Market Assessment – provide asset valuation and comparative market analysis for company
Portfolio Market Surveillance Report – provide updates to Portfolio Market Report (ex. new forward citations)
Patentability Report – provide analysis to determine if an invention / technology is patentable
Landscape Market Report – identify market scope, potential competitors and partnerships
Market Sector Report – provide comparative analysis for companies in same sector (ex. Pharmaceutical)
Prior Art Report – identify assets within scope of technology which possess earlier priority dates (ex. invalidation)
Monetization Report – identify assets within scope of technology which possess later priority dates (ex. licensing)
Upon request and consultation, Randolph Square IP can also develop similar reports tailored specifically for a client’s particular needs or objectives.
Our clientele consists of:
- Law Firms
- Accounting Firms
- Bank/Non-bank lenders
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Corporations (both small and large)
- Broker Dealer/Investment Banks
- Research Boutiques
- Insurance Agents, Brokers, and Carriers
Our products have supported our clients in various ways:
- Application / Patent filing
- Competitive Analysis
- Capital Raising
- Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy support
- Patent Litigation Finance
- Litigation Support- invalidation and infringement
- IP development – portfolio management
- Monetization – licensing and sales
- Risk Management
- Risk Transfer
There are specific requirements that must be met for RSIP Management to consider funding a patent litigation matter. Some of them include early priority date, multiple claims for each patent, inventor ownership of the patent, apparent infringement, defendant in significant technological space, and calculable, material damages.
Based on our thorough review process, including reviews by patent owner counsel, litigation counsel (if different), RSIP Management, and investors, the funding approval for a specific litigation matter normally takes from 1 ½ – 3 months. The case will ordinarily be funded within 10 days of funding approval.
Randolph Square has access to more than 120 million global patents in 99% of the relevant patent jurisdictions, so we can review any patent in any technological space. Our litigation cases to date have involved technologies related to geo location services, battery management, real estate mobile apps, internet hardware, wireless communications, and streaming media.